D.E. Frost was the first President of the Calgary Section of the IES. This award bears his name to commemorate the interconnection between the achievement of exceptional lighting design and dedication to the lighting industry.
Every year, the IES Calgary Section Awards Committee reviews the Illumination Awards entries by our section and selects the winner of the D.E. Frost Award for Excellence in Lighting. The award is presented at the Annual IES Calgary Section Celebration.
For information about how you can submit a project for the Illumination Awards click here.
For questions, please contact the Awards Committee Chair
- 2016 Historical Ranchmen’s Club of Alberta Calgary, AB
Designer: Gary Chomiak – SMP Engineering
- 2015 Bow Valley College Expansion and Redevelopment, South Campus Calgary, AB
Designers: Scott James, Andy McKnight, Martin Jones & Natalie Weiss
- 2014 The Walter Phillips Gallery LED Re-Lighting Project Calgary, AB
Designers: Trevor Cleall – DIALOG
Mimmo Majolo, Charlene Quantz-Wold, Jesse McKee – The Banff Centre
- 2013 The Lions Awaken – The Re-Lighting of the Centre Street Bridge Calgary, AB
Designers: Paul Mercier & Kimberly Mercier – Lighting Design Innovations
- 2012 Ralph Klein Legacy Park Calgary, AB
Designers: Gary Chomiak & Garry McTighe – SMP Engineering
- 2011 Talisman Centre Main Building Lighting Upgrades Calgary, AB
Designers: Wayne Yan – Williams Engineering Canada Inc.
Neil Jaud – Neil Jaud Architect Inc.
- 2010 Crowfoot LRT Station Calgary, AB
Designers: SMP Engineering
- 2009 Historic Residence Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON
Designers: Paul Mercier & Kim Mercier – Lighting Design Innovations